Tuesday 31 January 2012

Voices, music and noises

With the animation I have been looking into getting some voice recordings for the characters and narrator.

There are a few aspects I want to look for in the voices for Nei Ei (the main character)
- voice has to sound kinda child like but still hinting to some age
- needs to be cute
- needs to have a likeable voice (might focus group this)

That is the small list of features that I want to see in Nei Ei's voice. The enemy's voice I want to have a deep male voice from which needs to be adaptable and also I need to edit the voice with simple filters to create a robotic sounding voice

The voice lines I want for Nei Ei are as follows;
"Air!"
"Water!"
"Fire!"
"Earth!"
"I bet that hurt"
"That looked painful"
"Don't call me cute"
"I am the unstoppable force"
"You're awful"

these lines should allow diversity within the animation. I want Nei Ei to sound similar to characters called Fizz - the tidal trickster and Teemo - the swift scout, Both characters from League of Legends (made by riot)

the enemy's voice lines are as follows;

"Target acquired"
"Engaging"
"Powering up"
"Enemy detected"
"Small hostile spotted"
"Taking damage"
"Shutting down"
"exploding"

I want this robotic sounding voice, similar to the voice of the Cyborgs from a old game called Tiberium sun (made by westwood studios)

The way i would record this is to use my camera, which has a sufficient audio recording microphone integrated within the camera and then detach the audio using sony vegas. I would then take the audio file into adobe sound-booth and then adjust and add effects to the sound clip to get the required.

This will fit into the conventional gameplay tv adverts as the finished game will have the sounds shown in the game tv advert. This addition of sound would make the gameplay advert seem more realistic and give the impression that i have made the game and recorded some footage of it for the advert

The way that i'd audition people would be to look at my friends that i feel have the abiltly to put on voices that would match the requirement i needed. I would ask them to record their voices saying a few lines and then decided from that point. i would have to use friends instead of professionals due to the expensive costs of voice acting

Edit:
After reviewing the placement for possible audio within the animation advert i have found that there isn't any possible placement

1 comment:

  1. how will you achieve this - who will voice? how will you audition...

    is there space for all of this audio?

    how does it meet/break conventions

    ReplyDelete